Time 2 Read: Phonics and Spelling
- Sound identification
- Annual diagnostic testing to monitor progress in reading, spelling, and comprehension skills
- Spelling is code-based following the Time2Read Programme.
- Comprehension skills are considered a priority.
- Cultivating a love for reading is considered a priority
- Students are encouraged to think creatively, logically and independently
- Good step by step progression
- Concrete aids are used to encourage practical learning
- Love for mathematics instilled in students
- The Life Skills curriculum consists of Beginning Knowledge, Creative Arts, Physical Education and Personal and Social Well-being.
- Different themes are covered throughout the year.
- Physical Education, art and performing art are incorporated in this subject.
- Afrikaans is introduced as a First Additional language in Grade 1.
- The focus is on helping students speak and understand Afrikaans before moving on to formal written tasks.
- Playball (Ball Skills and Gross Motor Skills)
- Coding and Robotics
- Religious Education